At Chrysella, we believe in sustainability that looks beyond today and well into the future of tomorrow. We are committed to ongoing environmental consciousness in manufacturing and promise to act responsibly in all areas of business and production, including water, waste, energy management, safety, and the well-being of our associates.
No Conflict Diamonds
Chrysella adheres to strict protocols in regards to the sourcing of Diamonds. As a natural resource, gemstones can be found almost anywhere in the world and are exchanged too frequently to keep an absolute accurate account of their exact origin.
Chrysella sources the majority of its diamonds directly from sources that manufacture rough diamonds from Canada, South Africa, Russia, Botswana and Namibia and other select parts of the world.
Chrysella is committed to selling diamonds ethically and with integrity, giving you confidence in the diamonds you purchase. We believe it is completely unacceptable to tolerate conflict diamonds and/or human suffering in any way. Chrysella stands behind the policies and adherence of the Kimberley Process. All polished diamonds sold by Chrysella comply with the Kimberley Process. The Kimberley Process ensures that rough diamonds are:
- Exported and imported with a government validated Kimberly Process certificate stating the diamonds are conflict-free.
- Transported between signatory countries in a sealed and tamper-proof container.
- Sold with a statement from the seller (known as a warranty) on all invoices guaranteeing that the diamonds being sold are conflict-free.
Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct
Select diamonds that are sold at Chrysella are mined in Canada. The Canadian Diamond Code of Conduct establishes a minimum standard based on records and a chain of warranties required to validate a Canadian diamond claim. Retailers who abide by the Code demonstrate to consumers their commitment to ensure authenticity of Canadian diamond claims. The Code allows Canadian diamonds to be traced from the Canadian mine to the diamond jewellery retailer, providing consumers a method to authenticate Canadian diamonds sold by a Code member.
Chrysella adheres to strict protocols in regards to the sourcing of gemstones. As a natural resource, gemstones can be found almost anywhere in the world and are exchanged too frequently to keep an absolute accurate account of their exact origin.
However, we engage in several practices to ensure the integrity of the stones we purchase. For example:
- Chrysella Gemstone Experts and Gemologists frequently visit our suppliers/cutters in order to make certain socially responsible practices are being followed in those locations.
- All of our suppliers have provided written verification stating their compliance with the US Patriot Act.
- Chrysella will cease trade with any supplier/cutter or wholesaler that do not adhere to the values we aim to maintain in sourcing gemstones from around the world.
Gold and other precious metals should be mined and refined in a sustainable and responsible manner that respects both the needs of humanity and our environment.
Our position on responsible mining procedures goes much further than the gold mining process itself. It encompasses all aspects of gold: appropriate mining methods on conservation, remediation and fair labor practices. It also includes proper refining; correct handling of aqua regia acid, scrubbing fumes, and clean emissions.
Only specific, branded gold bars and grain are acceptable in our production operations. Chrysella and its partners and internally recycle up to 98% of raw materials used in our production.
We require that our vendors maintain policies and procedures, which mandate social and environmental responsibility for both themselves and their suppliers.